I present workshops for groups of six to 30 (sometimes more) participants through community centres, conferences, writing groups, etc.
UP NEXT: Contact me if you’d like a presentation customized for your writing group or business.
- People Watching: Characterization and Point of View for Port Moody Library, Jan 2017
- Using Desire to Fan the Flames of Fiction for SFU Southbank Writer’s Studio, June 2016.
- Reverse Outlining for Port Moody Writers, Sept. 2016
I can develop a specific workshop to meet your needs, or offer the following:
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Writing for Children and Teens
- Fundraising in General and Grantwriting in Particular
- Getting Started, Keeping Going: Motivation and craft skills for newer writers
- Story, Plot and Theme: Strategies for getting to the heart of fiction and narrative nonfiction
- Memoir – Your Story, Your Way
- Research for writers
- Reverse Outlining: A novel plotting tool
- To Market, To Market: Tools and strategies to help you find the right home for your writing
- The View From Here: Getting a grip on Point of View
- Words at Work: Effective writing skills for small business and non profits
- Voice Lessons: Developing a distinctive voice in your fiction
- Writing From Life: Using your own life experiences as ‘fodder’ for fiction, poetry and nonfiction
My rates range from $150 – $600 per session depending on venue, number of participants, organization, travel time and other factors.I also offer one-on-one mentoring to help individual writers develop their projects and skills. $35 per hour | minimum two sessions.Contact me or e-mail email@example.com to discuss your needs – I am sure we can come up with something that works for us all.Previous clients include: Simon Fraser University Southbank program; Surrey International Writers’ Conference; New West Lit Fest; Royal City Literary Society; University of BC Creative Writing Program; Mission Writers and Readers Festival…