“We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community.”
I continue to work in the community, undertaking contract and volunteer work on literacy, marketing, fundraising and various other projects.
Most recently I have been appointed as the Executive Director of the Unitarian Shelter of Nanaimo. Read my post here about this next step in my life.
In the past I have worked with:
- Alexandra Neighbourhood House
- The Arts Council of Surrey
- BC Ministry of Education
- Children’s Writers and Illustrators of BC (CWILL BC)
- The Federation of BC Writers
- Surrey Community Services Society
- Surrey Crisis Line
- Surrey Hospice Society
Since I moved to Nanaimo in the summer of 2016, I have been involved with
- Literacy Central Vancouver Island – Well Read Books
- The Island Roots Market Co-operative
- The First Unitarian Fellowship of Nanaimo Shelter
If your organization would like some short-term support with communications or fundraising projects, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My most recent endeavour that falls under the category of Community is a new publishing initiative Tribe – a print anthology of prose and poetry about the lives and experiences of older single women.
Read all about it here, and if you are a writer, please share with your networks and/or download a copy of the writers’ guidelines.