It was Louisa May Alcott who said, “She is too fond of books. And it has turned her brain.” I am. And it has.
The basic stuff
- I am a British-born children’s author and writing instructor living in Nanaimo, British Columbia.
- In 2016 I retired after many years of working in public libraries in BC and London, England.
- Please Like my Facebook Page for updates of events, recommended books and other literary/literacy related activities.
- Follow me on Twitter @lpwords.
- You might enjoy some of my prior blog postings here http://lpwords.blogspot.com/. (I would still be posting there, but I lost my password and they won’t have me back!)
- I am a member of The Children’s Writers and Illustrators of BC (CWILL BC), The Writers Union of Canada, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and the Canadian Association of Childrens’ Authors, Illustrators and Performers.
- Contact me for readings, workshops or presentations, or to comment on any of my books at email@example.com.
In other words – interviews and articles and more information
- Interviewed by Yolanda Ridge at the From the Mixed-Up Files of Middle Grade Authors website.
- Presentation info at the website of the 2013 Canadian Children’s Book Week.
- Children’s Writers and Editors of BC (CWILL BC) blog – Dec 2011
- Debbi Ohi’s Inkygirl Blog – Aug 27, 2010
In The Community
Some of the writing I do is in the field of communications and fundraising for community organizations. You’ll find more info about recent contracts and projects on my Community page.
Ten facts about me
- I will do anything for chocolate. Anything. Really. (Preferably dark and plain, but in a pinch any chocolate is better than none.)
- I ran away from boarding school in my blue housecoat when I was nine.
- My favourite place on earth is the Sinai desert. If God is anywhere, I believe s/he lives on the top of Mt. Sinai where sunrise is the most stunning sight in the world.
- My biggest fear is of belly buttons unravelling. Mine. Anyone’s. Honestly. I keep thinking I’ll grow out of it, but I haven’t yet.
- I love silence.
- I have more bowls than anyone could every use in a lifetime. I don’t know why, but something about them pleases me immeasurably.
- My first and only dog was a yellow lab called Sophie.
- I don’t lend money. Ever. To anyone. But if I can afford to give you some, you can keep it.
- The most important things to me in my life are friends and family, being in nature, music, travel, and reading and writing.
- I love chocolate… just in case you missed it the first time.